Friday, July 16, 2004

seeing oneself accurately from the outside - possible?

snapped this shot at lee's creek in devil's den state park, arkansas. i've always thought it was interesting to see myself in a mirror, when my right hand turns into my left and i can't figure out how to comb the back of my head. i wonder why i don't hear myself speaking in reverse, though. odd.
 
all in all, the symbolic nature of the mirror of self is a cool concept.  paul said, "i do what i don't want to do, and i don't do what i should do."  yeah, i can relate.  but more important to me than getting down on myself for missed opportunities (which are bummers for sure) is that i realize that i desire to do more, to improve, to provide more than demand.  way more.
 
so when they say don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, ponder that in front of the mirror when they look like they've switched sides.  that's a real thinker.


No comments: